Metrological data logging
IFAB’s mobile testing measurement system is a unique feature, is flexible and modular and makes fire tests possible in various locations as needed. IFAB owns an in-house developed and expandable measurement system.
• Gas temperatures,
• Surface temperatures,
• Heat flux,
• Oxygen and various smoke gases (carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide etc.),
• System pressure of fire-fighting systems and extinguishing systems
• Flowrate of gases and liquids,
• Visibility and humidity,
• Vis- und IR-video systems and
• Determination of heat release rate with real time evaluation.
IFAB also owns specialized equipment for carrying out smoke tests with either hot or cold smoke, giving experimental evidence on the performance of smoke management systems. We use internal procedures to ensure reproducible and retraceable measurements. The plausibility of test results is checked by the regular calibration of the measurement system, the verification of measured data and the validation of standardized and not standardized test procedures.